Wednesday 18 April 2018

Fuck it and fight it: my mental health diary

From 19th October 2017

The worst thing I have found about depression is the moment you catch yourself falling into a funk.

The last wee while things have been great. I've spent a lot of time with my closest friends, made new friends and some fantastic memories. My life has been enrichened by a ridiculous amount of love and I've been a better person for it.

Today I've gone out to the shops, come back and sat on my bed and caught myself slipping. And it's a horrible feeling because there has been nothing to cause it. It's just happening. And I know I'll pull myself out of this wee funk soon enough. I've done it before and I'll do it again. To quote one of my closest friends "fuck it & fight it." My life is so much better than it was when I first realised I was fighting this bastard and it is full of utterly wonderful people who have helped me immeasurably. So every time this bastard turns up I know I can beat it.

Everyone who has helped me, thank you. From the bottom of my heart thank you so much. And to anyone who is suffering, talk to someone. Friends, family, a doctor or message me if you want. Alternatively there's a couple of phone numbers at the end of this rant.

Don't suffer in silence, because you're not alone.

Samaritans - 116 123
Breathing Space - 0800 83 85 87

#depression #fightbackmentalhealth

No comments:

Post a Comment