Wednesday 18 April 2018

My mental health diary: Temple

From 20th October 2017.

"If my body is a temple, tell me why it hurts like hell?

12 years ago I had 3 heart operations in just over a week. The second one was an emergency procedure. My body reacted badly to the first operation - I can't remember why exactly - and I developed a build-up of fluid in my chest. I felt like I was drowning whilst lying in a hospital bed. I was in a bad way. Doctors and nurses were running around frantically. The worry was etched all over my parent's faces. I later found out that I was less than half an hour away from my journey reaching a premature end.

I survived.

When my depression hits it feels like a ton weight trapped in my chest. It hurts, like a massive claw gripping my heart from the inside. It reminds me of that day. It also reminds me of what I've overcome to get to where I am now. It reminds me that I survived the real thing and that I'm more than a match for whatever this bastard can throw at me. Because it's a coward.

Fuck it and fight it. My body is a temple. My head is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment