Wednesday 18 April 2018

My Mental Health Diary: Sorry

From 7th January 2018.

I'm frequently told by my friends that I apologise too much, for which I usually apologise.

Unfortunately I am not James McAvoy in Wanted so considering that chances are Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman won't help me get my shit together so I try and do it myself. All my shit. So it's together.

When my friends tell me to stop saying sorry they say that I've nothing to apologise for. And the truth is I kinda know it. I'm lucky enough to have some of the kindest, understanding, wonderful people as friends and I know that if I fall back down they just want to help me back up again. No apology necessary. No scores being kept. Just love between friends. And it goes both ways. Just wanting to see each other shine as bright as they can.

So why the hell am I saying sorry?

What am I sorry for? For being down? It happens to the best of us and they all know that. I know they know that because they've told me often enough. So it's not that. It doesn't make me a failure, I haven't let anyone down and haven't hurt anyone so it's not those.

If you're down you don't have to apologise for it. Don't apologise for being in a battle. Fight back instead, the odds are you'll always have a friend or 6 in your corner, willing you on to beat the bastard.

I hope this rant makes some sense. If it doesn't I'm not saying sorry.

#fuckitandfightit

No comments:

Post a Comment