Wednesday 18 April 2018

My Mental Health Diary: Attack

From 11th January 2018.

So something happened to me today that hasn't happened in a long time. (Quit snickering up the back.) I had an anxiety attack at work earlier on today, the first time it's happened in months, maybe even years. It was just a mild one and I was able to get a grip of it quickly enough so I could still do my job without anyone noticing (I think), but it still happened.

Initially I felt embarrassed and annoyed at myself because I knew I was getting myself wound up over nothing and I had gone for so long without one. I confided in some close friends who reminded me it's nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of. It happened and at the end of it I'm still standing. I may have depression and anxiety but they'll never have me.
I am not my depression or my anxiety. I am something stronger than anything they can throw at me.

Fuck it and fight it.

No comments:

Post a Comment