Wednesday 18 April 2018

My Mental Health Diary: Oxymoron

From 18th January 2018.

The first fortnight of this year has been weird.

I've spent a lot of time with some close friends and family and been surrounded by love and positivity. I've been down but not negative, which I know sounds like an oxymoron.
I've been able to accept that there are times when I'll be down for no obvious reason and that the best way to deal with that is with positivity. Because things will get better. The negative moments, the down days, they're just temporary. Shite, yes, but temporary.

Sooner or later things will pick up. I'm lucky enough to be surrounded with amazing people who help to fill my life with warmth and positivity. Who save me from falling back into that hole. Who remind me that life has it's ups and downs. If you fall down you have to hit the ground before you can get back up.

Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

Fuck it and fight it.
Martin x

No comments:

Post a Comment