Wednesday 18 April 2018

My Mental Health Diary: #PassTheBadge

From 20th November 2017.

I post a lot about my mental health now, something that I was wary of doing for a long time.
For years I put off acknowledging the issues I had regarding my mental health, a situation not helped by listening to the wrong people and not knowing how to speak about it for fear of being looked at as a freak. Other health issues made me feel out of place enough as it was.

For the record, dumbest decision I have ever made. And I have made some pretty dumb decisions.

Talking to my family and friends about what's going on in my head has lifted an enormous weight. Being open about my mental health has made it easier to fight. The cruellest trick it plays is trying to convince you that you're alone. That is the last thing you are. Talking about what's going on between your ears shows you this.

If you're down talk to someone. Friends family, fuck it message me if you want. Call Samaritans (116 123) or Breathing Space (0800 83 85 87). Just talk to someone, it makes it easier to fight back.

Fuck it and fight it
#passthebadge @seemescotland #starttalking #mentalhealth

No comments:

Post a Comment