Wednesday 18 April 2018

My Mental Health Diary: Selfish Bastards

From 31st January 2018.

I have spoken a lot about my depression and anxiety on here and have been met with a ridiculous amount of love and support.

One thing that I've been thinking about  is the selfish nature of these bastards. You get so wrapped up in yourself and your problems that you sometimes can't see things that are right in front of you and constantly seek reassurance for things that are blindingly obvious.

The love of friends and family, how loved you are, how much you mean to people. It's something that I know has been hard for some people closest to me, people who offer unconditional and unwavering love only to have me seek reassurance that it's there. It has been a source of great frustration to them and for that I apologise. The last thing I have ever wanted to do was cause any sadness or frustration because of my own issues.
I also say to them a massive thank you for standing by me through these bad times. Their love and support means the entire world to me and I cannot thank them enough. With their help I am in a better place than I thought possible almost a year ago.

Fuck it and fight it ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment